St Philomenas Church - Mysore Sightseeing Tourist
The very oldest holy monument in Mysore, situated about 3 kms from Mysore city. One of the tallest church in India started constructing in 1933 and began to function in 1941. The full name of the church is St.Joseph & St.Philomena Cathedral.
The church is over 200 years old, Before 250 years the church was small in that place. In 1799, the capital of Mysore city was changes from Srirangapatnam to Mysore city. As the result, many British officers and soldires came to Mysore to settle down. The British people requested a Church in Mysore, the Maharaja Krishnaraja Wodeyar III has accepted the suggestion and given the plot which the small church situated, after the 8 years of work the people make a wonderful church in the neo-Gothic style and named as 'St.Philomena's Cathedral'.
- St.Philomena's Church Mass Timings :
- * Weekdays : (Monday to Saturday) Morning - 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM, Evening - 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- * Sundays : Morning 5 AM - 6 AM, 6 AM - 7 AM, Evening 6 AM - 6.30 PM
- Note : Holy Mass held daily in Tamil, Kannada and English.
- Additional info :
- * The cathedral visiting times is from 5:00 am to 6:30 pm.
- * Photography is strictly prohibited inside the cathedral
- * Contact number of the Church +91 821 2563148
- * Annual Feast of the Church - Every year of August 11th
Tour Packages from Bangalore
Mysore Ooty Sightseeing Tour by Private Cars
Mysoreootytours.com provides all type of private car rental services from Bangalore to Mysore Sightseeing Tour & Bangalore to ooty Sightseeing Tour package with hotel accommodations.